Training Course of Business of Shipping and Logistics
Business of Shipping and Logistics
This course aims to provide complementary knowledge on shipping and logistics.
The course is suitable for new entrants to the shipping and logistics industry.
- Maritime Economics and Shipping Markets
- Shipping Revenue and Costs
- Carriage of Goods by Sea Law
- Finance for Shipping
- Global Sourcing and Supply Management
- Marine Insurance in Shipping and Transport Logistics
- Container Ports and Cargo Management
- Sales and Marketing in Container Shipping
|Date:||Saturdays, 21 Sep, 28 Sep, 5 Oct and 12 Oct 2019|
|Time:||09:00 – 18:00|
|Venue:||Room CD408b, CY Tung International Centre for Maritime Studies, 4/F, Core D|
|The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong|
|21 Sep 2019 (Saturday)||09:00 - 13:00||Global Sourcing and Supply Management||Dr Stephen Ng|
|14:00 - 18:00||Container Ports and Cargo Management||Mr Wing-chiu Lam|
|28 Sep 2019 (Saturday)||09:00 - 13:00||Marine Insurance in Shipping and Transport Logistics||Mr Raymond T C Wong|
|14:00 - 18:00||Shipping Revenue and Costs||Dr Judy Tong|
|5 Oct 2019 (Saturday)||09:00 - 13:00||Maritime Economics and Shipping Markets||Mr Jagmeet Makkar|
|14:00 - 18:00||Sales and Marketing in Container Shipping||Mr Michael Lee|
|12 Oct 2019 (Saturday)||09:00 - 13:00||Law of Carriage of Goods by Sea||Dr S. K. Tai|
|14:00 - 18:00||Finance for Shipping||Mr Jagmeet Makkar|
#This preparatory course is included in the pre-approved list of the "Professional Training and Examination Refund Scheme" under the Maritime and Aviation Training Fund (MATF) of the Transport and Housing Bureau. Under the Scheme, successful applicants will be refunded 80% of the fees for completing pre-approved courses/examinations, subject to a cap of $18,000.
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to students who have successfully completed the course.
- Register online.
- A cheque (payable to The Hong Kong Polytechnic University) should be mailed to “Room CD401e, CY Tung International Centre for Maritime Studies, Department of Logistics and Maritime Studies, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong”. Please specify “Application for BoSL” on the envelope.
- Successful applicants will receive an official notification one week before course commencement.
- For corporate training and development, please contact us for further arrangement.
10 September 2019