HSBC Hong Kong Scholarship 2017/18
HSBC Hong Kong Scholarship 2017/18 is now open for application
No. and Value
A maximum of 11 scholarships of HK$50,000 each donated by The Hongkong Bank Foundation.
No. of Nominations
One student per Academic Department
- To local* students pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree programme. (*Local student should be a Hong Kong Permanent Resident with right of abode in Hong Kong.)
- The nominee should have at least a cumulative GPA of 3.7 or be within top 3% of class by the end of semester two of 2016/17, or by end of semester one of 2017/18 for first-year students.
- Preference will be given to students from disadvantaged background.
- The nominee is required to submit an essay of less than 500 words on the topic “Please share with us one area that Hong Kong can do better. What can be done to address the need and what will you personally do to lead, facilitate or contribute?”
The selection will be based on academic merit and extent of involvement in extra-curricular activities & community services. The English proficiency, leadership qualities, commitment to services as well as other personal qualities and potential of the nominees are also the key factors determining the success of the nomination.
- The nominees must attend a group interview conducted by a PolyU selection panel in person during 1-2 and 5-6 Feb 2018 in PolyU campus. The panel will shortlist up to 15 deserving candidates for the Donor’s further consideration.
- The shortlisted candidates must attend a final selection interview in person, if invited, with the HSBC’s selection panel in the afternoon of 16 March 2018 (Friday). Otherwise, they will be disqualified.
- The nominees will be notified of the selection results by Office of Student Resources and Residential Life in around June 2018.
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, please complete the part “Personal Information” and “Academic Record” on page 1 - 3 and sign the part “Declaration” on page 5-6 of the nomination form and return it with your CV and supporting documents to LMS General Office at M628.
Application Deadline: 12:00 noon of 9 January 2018 (Tuesday)